An investigative foreshore licence is required to carry out surveying activities to support the potential development of an offshore wind farm.
Mainstream has defined an investigation area for offshore wind potential and is looking at constraints within the area. The licence is needed to understand the ground conditions and the ecology and provide data to inform any Environmental Impact Assessment and Appropriate Assessment for any potential project.
How can I give my feedback?
We are asking for the public’s feedback on Mainstream’s application through our first public statutory consultation on our foreshore investigation licence application. This will inform the public of the application area and wider study area and provide an opportunity to give feedback on the application.
Members of the public who wish to make a submission or observation in writing concerning the proposed project may do so between 7th December 2022 and 16th January 2023 (quoting ref: FS007373) to the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Foreshore Section, Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Newtown Road, Wexford, Co. Wexford or foreshoreORE@housing.gov.ie. The closing date for submissions is close of business (17.30) on 16th January 2023.
The application documents can be viewed free of charge online (https://www.gov.ie/en/foreshore-notice/cd037-mainstream-renewable-power-ltd-site-investigations-off-co-dublin/) and in hard copy at the following locations.
• Howth Garda Station, 8 Dunbo Hill, Howth, Co. Dublin, D13 YR70
• Balbriggan Garda Station, Drogheda Road, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin, K32 EW01
• Drogheda Garda Station, Father Connolly Way, Downtown Drogheda, Drogheda, Co. Louth, A92 P704
• Dundalk Garda Station, The Crescent, Demesne, Dundalk, County Louth.
• Fingal County Council, Planning Department, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin. K67 X8Y2. By Appointment only.
• Louth County Council, County Hall, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91
• Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Athlumney, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291.
What happens next?
Public consultation events are taking place in Whites Hotel, Portmarnock on the 7th December between 12pm and 4pm, in Scotch Hall, Drogheda on the 13th December 2022 between 12pm and 4pm.
Details of future updates will be posted on the website www.northeastofshorewind.ie.
If you cannot make the drop in events but would still like to get information on the project or talk with a team member, please call on (01) 290 2000 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.